Hot Days & The AC

Posted on Wednesday, July 9, 2014


It's finally summer here in Maryland.  The winter was long and harsh.  The coldness of this past winter was like no other I have felt or that I remember.  The Polar Vortex lived up to it's name.  Many days spent inside staying warm and day dreaming of summer weather.


It took awhile for hot weather to come. But when it came, it was hot! Maryland is known for it's nasty humidity.  It's dreadful. And forget about having pretty hair during these months.  It's pointless.  All day I felt like I was living near the equator or I was in my own personal Bikram class. 105 degrees and dripping wet. Everyone was sleeping in their undies.  I put fans in every room and it still felt like a sauna.    But I wanted to stick to my rule. No AC until July. Call me crazy but I  love seeing my BGE bill under 100 bucks.  Its the penny pincher in me. More importantly, I love having the windows opened and the smell of summer in my house. I let out all the winter "ju-jus" out and let the positive energy flow through. I also hate telling my kids "don't leave the door open. The AC is on." Drives me nuts.


I like to give them the liberty of going in and out and enjoying the warm weather. Especially with a winter like we had.  I also believe that keeping the AC off helps that lady I'm in love with, Mother Earth.  Getting all hippie on you guys now but anything to help out.


This year, I broke that rule.  I turned it on in June because I couldn't take the heat.  I was sweating like there was no other. All. Day. Long.  Plus with these crazy postpartum hormones and sitting nursing all day, it was dreadful.  So it went on.  That day, my hubby walked in from work, and had the biggest smile on his face.  He twirled me around and we did a little happy AC dance.  Haha.

But whenever I see that we will be having a cool day,  off it goes and I smile :) So here's to hot days and the AC being on.



  1. The AC happy dance! ;-)
    Not even close to hot here but I remember the days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ������ id have loved to see that!

    ReplyDelete