Wild

Posted on Monday, December 15, 2014

This book grabbed me by the shirt and dragged me into an adventure that I never want to forget.  I want to live it and hike the PCT, AT or any long hiking trail.  It’s been a couple of years since I read Wild by Cheryl Strayed and its a book that I have recommended to several people because its a must read. Male or female. Single or married.  Kids or no kids.  Nature lover or outdoors hater.  No matter what your status is, YOU. MUST. READ. IT.  




After you close the book, get in your car and go see the movie.  If you are feeling really inspired, walk to the nearest theater but don't get comfortable or take off your hiking boots because next you will want to get on the nearest trail and hike it.  




It's inspiring and I admire Cheryl for the ballsy adventure she took alone.  I had the pleasure of going to one of her book signing last year in Virginia and she is awesome. 


What we really got to me, after watching the movie last night, was that we all get to a pivotal point in our lives where we are broken into a million pieces and we need to do something drastic to rebuild ourselves.  That's exactly what she did.  Kudos to you Cheryl.  You're my hero!

Post a Comment