Photography & Plants

Posted on Monday, December 1, 2014


A lot of what I've been posting lately has been about my writing and about Wolf River but as much as I love writing my true passions are film photography, polaroid, healthy eating, simple living and plants. Yes, plants! I pin plants, think plants and shop plants.  I even have a crazy idea brewing in my head.


 But photography, oh it what makes my heart skip a beat.  I'm that lady who pulls out the camera at the most awkward moments. I've been shooting for years now and each year I learn something new, what I don't like to photograph and what I do.  When I first started shooting I thought for sure I wanted to be a portrait photographer but as years go by I've learned that I love to shoot lifestyle, still life, randomness that I love, my kids and plants.  I love seeing my work in print. It makes my heart full and puts a big smile on my face.  Don't even get me started on polaroid, it makes me weak in the knees.


I guess I felt the need to share this because I've put my work on the back burner. Why? I got discouraged and felt that I lost my spark.  I felt it even more recently and it broke my heart into a million pieces but I think thats what happens with every artist.  You have moments when you think you suck big time and you question why you even call yourself a photographer.  I had to take a step back and take a deep breath.  I realized that I need to shoot more than I do now and only shoot things I love.  Thats it.  Every thing else will fall into place.  Sometimes it's good to put your passions out into the universe and let it open doors.

Listening to: Sesame Street in the background :)

Post a Comment