Read. Write. Edit. Repeat

Posted on Wednesday, February 25, 2015




READ. WRITE. EDIT. REPEAT.




That's my mantra these days.  I've been editing the first six chapters of Wolf River and its been a slow process.  Hair pulling, screaming at the pages and lots of bleeding going on (from my pen of course).  It's a process that I was told would separate the writers from the authors.  Boy, is that the truth.  It is not easy to edit a story you have written.  To butcher it with the sharpest knife you have in your kitchen.  To chop pieces off that are not necessary and parts that made no sense what so ever.

Even though its been hard, I've been learning about my writing style and my voice.  I'm learning where my strength and weaknesses are.   It's been crippling yet liberating in the sense that I'm making progress and things are coming a long even with the crazy life I live.

What's next? I have to read it over again, keep adding and subtracting then send it back to Rosemi. After that, I'll be on the hunt for beta readers:) oh boy!






  1. My husband is a writer as well and he talks about how difficult it can be at times to edit your own work. I cannot wait to read your words someday!

    ReplyDelete